A downloadable game
Vortex is a retro styled physics driven local multiplayer top down shooter game where the goal is to fly around in neat looking spaceships and kill your opponent by making his life miserable.
How do I ruin his life?
It's super simple. You fire at their vortex until awesome pickups appear. You then pick them up and fire them right back into their vortex. You indirectly kill each other.
Neat looking spaceships! Tell me more!
Choose the right one:
What are these awesome pickups?
There are 11 total awesome pickups to wreak havoc on your opponent. They are split into two categories: Offensive and Passive.
Minelayer: It poops mines
Gunship: It drunkenly goes around and shoots at you if you get close
Fighter: Deadly in packs
Defense: Protects the vortex
Mine: Don't touch it no matter how shiny it is
EMP: PME for the dyslexic
Beam: It helps your horrible aiming
Repair: It's like a band-aid
Shield: Ramming speed!
Clear: Nothing near you will survive
- Physics driven movement (forget twin stick!!)
- 2-4 player local splitscreen multiplayer (At least two Xbox 360 controllers REQUIRED)
- 11 different pickups, customize them however you like
- Vector neon stylized graphics
- OS: Windows 7 x64 or higher
- Processor: Quad Core 2.5 gHz or faster
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
- DirectX: Version 11
- Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
Game balancing will be tweaked continuously based on community input.